Letting go...
I have been keeping a journal for years, since reading the Artist's Way. I can't recommend Julia Cameron enough. There was something magic about a regular lined notebook, a pen, morning tea and my favorite chair.

I would like to move in a new direction with my writing and journaling. Most of my writing had been more or less just stream of conscious writing. Julia is big on just filling the pages with whatever comes up. The problem for me became that I fell in love with the writing itself and wasn't keeping up with my visual journal. Letting go of my old journal is going to be hard and it is not without some sadness. I was basically going over the same old things and I need to move on to something else. I hope to be posting more often and finding new ways to express myself.

Have you been trying to let go of anything recently?

Comments